7.27.2010

10 steps back and 12 steps forward

*Oh yeah... I love HI now*


In regards to the pic above, if you don't already know, I love Spam and so does HI. I learned from one of my friends who came back from Guam not too long ago that there were some new flavors that are not on the mainland yet. So, since I'm here, I decided to look for them one day. There are 4 new flavors:

- Garlic
- With Cheese
- With Bacon
- Lite w/ 25% less sodium <- Seriously... why?

Needless to say, I had a hay day when I saw 3 out of the 4 cans and promptly made some purchases XD

Anyways, I figured it's time for an update for two reasons:

1. It's been a while and I'm trying to get back into the habit of updating again
2. I'm bored.... and in HI (Hawai'i, if you couldn't figure that out) [Also, it's a bit odd that I'm bored, right?]

Let me explain:

So, I don't have any type of reliable transportation here when my dad goes to work. I have the option of renting a car, moped, or buggy but, of course, there's always an issue with that. For 1) they all involve money, which is the one thing I'm trying to restrict myself on while I'm here. 2) The last time I rode a moped was back in 2006/07. Yeah... It's been a while. 3) The buggy not only looks extremely lame, but it's also a manual shift X#

So, I have to either wait for him to get off work before I can go anywhere or rely on public transportation (which is just not going to happen). However, my days here so far haven't been all that bad. I managed to take a few pictures (nothing nature though... yet) and I went paddle boarding this morning which was also pretty cool. It's been almost 2 years since I've been in any body of water (pool or sea or ocean or river.... you get the idea) so falling off my board for the first time today was quite fun. I look forward to doing more water activites before I bail from the island.

Moving along, I've missed Comic Con again this year. -_______- The tickets for it sold out almost immediately. So unreal. Scott Pilgrim seemed to be one of the main focuses of the convention this year and after reading through the comic, I was seriously slitting my wrists at the idea I missed this opportunity again. Last year it was Dead Space. Now, Scott Pilgrim. *Sigh* I know next year will be just as good, seeing as how all the superhero movies will be coming out Summer 2011, plus some games to look forward to. I've convinced a few of my friends to go to Comic Con next year with me and that will just make it that much more awesome. It'll make the rooms a little cheaper and the whole thing even more fun overall. I'll be buying my tickets when I first find out that they're up for sale. I'm going for the 4-Day pass. Even if I don't spend the whole day of the 4-days within the convention halls, I'm sure there's something to do in SD. I promise to make it your way VML! XD

I'm STILL trying to find a place to move into after a whole year of moving. I'm getting closer to getting a place now, however. I've decided to just settle with living with complete strangers for the upcoming year in Davis. Well, not complete complete. They'll be UCD students, so we'll have something in common. I guess this gives me the opportunity to meet new people at the school and gain new experience as well. I'm going to try to remain optimistic about this...

Now, I know it's been a while, but I'm finally posting up a new review! *audible gasp* I want to try and get into the habit again, since the main reason I put this website up was to make reviews. So, I need to get that going again...




Ok... so, I saw Inception about a week or so back and I must say, it was really good. You could definitely tell it was a Nolan film. It just had this epic feel to it. While the whole premise of the movie is not too complicated to understand, by the time the movie ends, you might be able to pick at so many layers of ideas that encompass this film that you might just give yourself a headache. XD It's a smart movie, but you'll definitely enjoy it. Yes, it's a 2 hr+ movie, but you know what? You don't even realize it, since it's so full of action and stunning visuals. I know exactly what I'm buying on Blu-ray when it comes out :D


(Judgement: ★★★★★ You'll love this movie and you can watch it over and over again to catch what you might have missed the first time around. I hope the Special Features will be just as awesome as the movie was)



That's all I've got for now. I'll try to post some pics of my trip on here, but the best place to find it is on my FB. If you don't know it, well..... I guess you've got a hunt on your hands, don't you?

Until Next Time!

1 comment:

V.M.L. said...

You ought to try Spam musubi. Its tasty!

Comic Con might be in another city instead of San Diego (T_T), but I don't think that will happen until 2012. For now, just assume it will be in SD next year. You NEED to be there! Please don't stay in a hotel way outside of town (such as Riverside!) like what some people do, because its stupid! Be prepared for crowds and arrive early if you want to go to the biggest panels. Wow, now why am I giving you travel tips already?

Haha, college students tend to be more relatable than ones who don't go to school. Those people don't give a damn about your college-related problems!

I saw INCEPTION (and made my mom sit through a 2+ hour movie! XD) and I'm still puzzled about the beginning and end, where Leonardo DiCaprio is talking to a very old Ken Watanebe. I like the movie though, but like you said, its full of layers!

I do know your FB. Its my FB that's dead.