1.13.2011

Just Enough to Amuse Me

*Completely unrelated to the post, but still.... it's pretty sweet, yeah?*


Let me start off by saying that I've bid this journal a Happy New Years' for the last 4 years *That's right, check it* and it does feel like time has passed by relatively quickly (partially due to the fact that 2010 was the worst year for posts XD) So now that this news is out of the way...

- I finally live in the same town as the school I attend! After moving 6 times within a 2 year period, I have finally ended up in Davis. I don't mind living here; it's actually a little nice. I get to take the bus to school daily, so I can save that gas for the drive to work -__- and I live close to DT Davis *seriously... I live literally 10 mins away. I could walk there, but then I think "I can just take the bus for free".... yep.*

- Living with entirely new roommates, yet again. They're chill like my last roommate, plus we have a little more in common; we're gamers *Yay! =D*

- Work is still work :/ *Need I explain anymore?*

- This term, I'm taking my usual 4 classes. Since the classes in my major were pretty much all filled up, I was left with a Linguistics class that's less than interesting and 3 filler classes. I've got:
  • Language, Gender, and Society - meh... I need it, so I suppose I'll put some effort into it

  • Communication Theories - I considered this as an alternative minor, but I'm not sure yet. This class doesn't do a very good job of holding my attention :/

  • Intro to Schools: I am actually enjoying the class. Probably because of my desire to be a teacher : P I'm also having fun with my internship at the Elem. School. :)

  • Intro to Winemaking - Ok... this is the ultimate filler class *even though my professor swears it isn't* It's really interesting to learn about something I know nothing about. I actually started to drink a little bit of wine b/c of this class *You know... on top of the other drinks I have on a weekly basis XD*
Here's to hoping this term turns out to be somewhat interesting!

Aside from that, there's really nothing new. I'll try to have a review up on my next post and we'll see if I can attempt to maintain the journal much better this year.

So, Until Next Time!

3 comments:

Kamil Fox said...

If you become a teacher-- can I have a gold star?

V.M.L. said...

You didn't tell me you fucking work at an elementary school!

Haha, I didn't think Davis would have a wine class.

黒* said...

I interned at an elementary school for half a year, but I thought you knew that : P

Yeah, we're the only school *I believe* in the nation where you can get a degree in viticulture *wine-making* haha