3.28.2008

桜コン 2008: 1日

In March
*... Snow... in March...? A sure sign of the end XD*

Well, not much has happened since my last post, but I'll go ahead and enlighten you:
  • It snowed 3 times since my last post o_O

  • I bought my plane ticket for Japan ^-^ *and at a much better price*

  • I went to Sakura Con today. (More details below)


Ok. Well, I decided to go to Sakura Con *yes... it's an anime convention* b/c a certain someone wouldn't leave me alone about it till I said yes to going. In the end, I went. So here's what happened:

- I woke up at 5:30am this morning b/c I was thinking that I would have to wait in a horrifyingly long line in order to get my access badge for the convention *which started at 7am*. I shouldn't have been to surprised at the lack of people I saw that early in the morning. *Very little had come* It wasn't clicking that it was a Friday still XD So, I waited for the rest of the group to show *some of my classmates* since I had arrived earlier than anyone. *Even though I thought I was late XP*

- After everyone arrived, I went to go get my badge and saw where everyone really was. The Registration line was horrifyingly long. However, since I had pre-registered, I just had to jump into the short line, which was less than a minute really.

- Since we had arrived early, there was nothing that was really open, since everyone was still getting set up and it was still the first day. So we waited around till about 11 to really do anything.

Key points:
  • Spent a good hour in the exhibition hall and the rest of the day just wandering around.

  • Got to meet Dave from Snafu Comics *he was pretty cool*

  • Saw some good and kind of eh.. cosplayers

  • Watched some AMV's *out of pure boredom really*

  • Saw a first press THE TREND KILLER from Sadie. I wanted it. It was damaged. I was mad.

  • Wandered around the majority of the time *7am -3pm*
Not sure what else to write, so I'll just post some pics I took.

Photobucket
Exhibition Hall

Photobucket
My failed attempt at taking a picture of an AMV XD

Photobucket
Cool painting

Photobucket
View from the 3rd floor *mmmm... Gameworks... the only decent arcade in this state*

Photobucket
It started snowing.... again. -___-

Photobucket
Awesomest picture of the day. XD


The stuff I bought:

Photobucket
It was a misprint, but nothing seems to be wrong w/ it

Photobucket
XD

Photobucket
Who doesn't like a little Portal fun?

Photobucket
A closer look



Well, that's all I have for now. I may or may not go again to the convention tomorrow b/c of the lack of time I have, so this is basically it for now.

じゃね...

2 comments:

V.M.L. said...

If there's nothing to do, just look at the program and see what's going on that day. :) (But I guess you didn't...)

Overall, how was your first anime con experience? Fun? Good? Boring? Lame? Eh? TELL ME!

Nice shirts. I like the anti-drug one. XD

黒* said...

I did look at the program *In fact, 3/4 of the time I was there, I was studying that schedule XD*