6.18.2008

十一、十二、十三:さよなら東京... Pt. 1

Ok, so continuing where I left of in my last entry:

Later that day, we went to the live that Elec was playing at. Shuu, being the usual self he is, slept in... again. He woke up almost an hour till the live started. :/ After getting ready, we made a quick escape and headed towards the live. We considered the advice that Elec had given us about taking another train to get to the live, but after a while, we figured it would be better to take a more well known path.

We moved quickly to the live house as soon as we departed 浦和駅, which was not that far actually. We got our tickets and fliers and moved in. Lucky for us, they had just started as the intro music for them had just ended...

LAVERITE: This is the band that Elec is in. They were pretty awesome. It was hard to imagine them playing without a bassist *Elec* in the past. However, they didn't have a drummer, so it kind of took away from the performance. Elec was doing pretty awesome, acknowledging the audience, smiling. It was pretty awesome. RYOTA, at first, didn't seem too into it at first, but towards the end of the performance, he started to open up. It would have been nice to see some of the energy he had at the end of the act at the beginning as well. 結絵, at first to me, seemed to be pulling a MANA/ KISAKI, where he looked serious most of the time, but, like RYOTA, towards the end of the performance, the energy seemed to show. It would be nice to see more energy from them. Be excited! You have an audience! :) and work on getting that drummer. hahaha ★★★★½

DIZ: This was a VK band. They seemed kind of generic and the singer was just plain creepy to me. The guitarist seemed to be the most unique. He was definitely kind of big. Which stood out, but that didn't detract from how he played. However, the band as whole seemed really generic and THAT is not a good thing. ½☆☆☆☆

OZxBONE: Wow.... just, wow. They were a "Metal/ VK" band. They were kind of poppy, but wow.... were they unique. The vocalist also played guitar so it was definitely a rare sight. The seemed kind of sloppy as far as stage performance *they seemed to kind to run into each other when they switched sides on the stage*, but they weren't that bad. It was definitely an interesting sight. ★★★☆☆

ATOMIC TORNADO: Another "Metal/ VK" band, however, I think they were definitely leaning on the Metal side, look and sound wise. When I first saw the vocalist, I was wondering why he was wearing a poncho. XD Anyways, the first song was ehh.... but the 2nd and 3rd song were actually really good. They did have one downside though; if the vocalist didn't talk in between songs and I was blind, I could have sworn it was an angry chick singing. XDDD ★★★☆☆

DENIAL: They weren't that bad. They looked really young and I wondered why there was the absence of a bassist, while there was a bass on the stage... Anyways, they said it was their last live, so I just stood there and tried to figure out why the bass was so important. It turns out, that the band did have a bassist, but he wasn't there. :/ Still trying to figure it out. Oh well, they did a good set for their last live. Good luck to them wherever they go/ do. ★★★☆☆

uNruSt: A lot of people seemed to be there for them, but they seemed kind of generic/ annoying to me. I really can't remember any of their songs, but I do remember the fact that the vocalist kept looking at me; trying to get me to participate, but I didn't want to. However, he just kept persisting and that was seriously annoying. I couldn't wait till they got off stage. ☆☆☆☆☆

Pack's Hidetora STARGAZER: They were a session band *people from different bands playing together* made up of people I really didn't know about. They did pretty well, which explains why they were last and had the biggest crowd. The did a cover of HYBRID RAINBOW by the pillows and it was really good. If they became an actual band, I might actually give them a listen. ★★★★☆

After the live, we said goodbye to the other foreigners that were there and Elec. It was a pretty good live. Probably one of the better lives I've been to here...

Afterward, we headed for DENNYS, which by the way, is really not that appealing. I had been there on my last trip for breakfast. However, this time, we were there for dinner and it was just not that good. They should just stick to breakfast only. :/ We ended up going back to 椎名町 and just getting something else to eat.

1 comment:

V.M.L. said...

you have such a particular taste in music that you just have high standards XD